- To facilitate any transaction, Glu is required to collate and use your data. Glu shall use its best endeavours to protect your data. However, Glu does not take any responsibility for any unauthorized disclosure of your data due to reasons including and without limitation to hacking and related activities arising beyond Glu’s control.
- The website Policies and Terms & Conditions may be changed or updated occasionally to meet requirements and standards. Therefore, you are encouraged to frequently visit these sections in order to stay updated about the changes on the website. Modifications will be effective on the day they are posted.
- Some of the advertisements you see on the website are selected and delivered by third parties, such as ad networks, advertising agencies, advertisers, and audience segment providers.
These third parties may collect information about you and your online activities on the website through cookies, web beacons, and other technologies in an effort to understand your interests and deliver advertisements that are tailored to your interests.
WHAT PERSONAL INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT FROM YOU AND HOW?
Glu collects personal information in several ways including and without limitation to: (i) When you place an order (ii) Buy a gift voucher for a friend (iii) Register for a service offered by Glu. By registering, you are consenting to the collection of your personal data. If an order is placed with us, we need to hold personal information including your name, email address, phone number, home address, shipping and credit/debit card billing address(es) so that we can process and complete your order.
Saved credit/debit card details will never be shared with third parties, and will only be used to process your order using our payment partner's system (Payfort). Additionally, we may also obtain information as a result of authentication or identity checks. Sometimes we may ask for your telephone number. This number may be given to our courier for delivery services. These details will allow us to process your order and keep you informed about the status of your order.
WHAT ABOUT COOKIES?
There are four types of cookies:
- Website Functionality Cookies: These cookies enable you to browse the website and use our features such as shopping baskets and wish lists.
- Website Analytics Cookies: We use these cookies to measure and analyse how our customers use the website. This allows us to continuously improve our website and your shopping experience.
- Customer Preference Cookies: When browsing or shopping online, the website will remember preferences you make (for example: your username, language or location). This makes your browsing experience simpler, easier and more personal the next time you return.
- Targeting Cookies or Advertising Cookies: These cookies are used to deliver adverts relevant to you. In addition, they limit the number of times you see an advertisement, as well as to help us measure the effectiveness of our advertising campaigns.
By using our website, you agree that we can place these types of cookies on your device/s and access them when you visit the website in the future.
If you want to delete any cookies that are already present on your computer, please refer to the help and support area on your internet browser for instructions on how to locate the file or directory that stores cookies.
Information on deleting or controlling cookies is available at www.AboutCookies.org. Please note that by deleting our cookies or disabling future cookies you may not be able to access certain areas or features on our website.
HOW THIS INFORMATION MAY BE USED, INCLUDING ANYONE IT MIGHT BE SHARED WITH
Glu may use your personal information for the processing of orders, payments and to provide you with a personalised shopping experience. We will also use your details to fulfil and deliver your orders and manage your account. Personal information that you provide may be disclosed to a credit reference or fraud prevention agency, which may keep a record of that information. Where there is a legal obligation to do so, we may disclose your information to any relevant regulatory body.
We may also use your personal information to send you marketing updates but only ever in accordance with your preferences (as detailed in the next section). We do not sell or provide your details to third-party marketing companies.
Finally, we may use your personal information for our internal marketing and demographic studies, together with non-personal data to monitor customer patterns so we can consistently improve our website design to better meet our visitors' needs.
MARKETING OPT-IN AND OPT-OUT PROVISION
When you register, you will be given the option to opt-out of subscribing to our regular update service which will send you:
- Email alerts for new products, special offers, events of interest and one-off marketing promotions. Such alerts may include marketing information about Glu, our subsidiaries or selected business partners.
- Direct mail alerts for new products, special offers, events of interest, and one-off marketing promotions. Such alerts will only include marketing information about Glu.
We do not sell or otherwise pass your details to third parties for marketing purposes. Marketing communications you subscribe to, will only be sent by Glu.
At all times, we will offer you the opportunity to unsubscribe from any service or update which you have subscribed to, if you change your mind. Any e-mail we send you, will contain an easy automated unsubscribe link so that you can opt-out of that particular mailshot. Simply follow the instructions in the e-mail. Alternatively, you can change your email preferences or opt out of all emails by logging into My Account. To opt out of direct mail service or updates, please contact Glu Customer Care.
HOW YOU CAN ACCESS AND, IF NECESSARY, CHANGE THE PERSONAL INFORMATION GLU MAINTAINS
If, for any reason, you are concerned that the personal information held by Glu is not correct, please visit the website. After logging onto the website through the ‘Sign In’ menu on the homepage, your personal information will be made available for review. You can then change the incorrect information under the ‘My Account’ section. Only you (or the Customer Care department upon your request) will be allowed to access your personal data from the website using your password and User ID. This information may be changed online under ‘My Details’, ‘Shipping Details’, and ‘My Email Preferences’. You can also change or delete your saved credit/debit card details.
SAFEGUARDING YOUR PERSONALLY IDENTIFIABLE INFORMATION
We will take reasonable care to maintain appropriate safeguards to ensure the security, integrity and privacy of the information you have provided us with. When you place an order or access your account information, we use a Secure Socket Layer (SSL) encryption, which encrypts your information before it is sent to us to protect it from unauthorised use. In addition, we will take reasonable steps to ensure that third-party business partners to whom we transfer any data will provide sufficient protection of that personal information.
WHERE AND HOW TO ASK QUESTIONS OR FILE COMPLAINTS